Saturday, October 13, 2012

Well, I would like to update soon...

I wanted to update because, well, blogging is surprisingly fun.  And, I like fun.  But fun isn't really what I have been doing as of late. Le Vie has been ce n'est pas Fun.  I've been drawing when I can; however,
 I've been  mostly trying to draw geometric shapes, conquer the Copic markers, and desperately figure out how to render glass and metal textures.  I could be deeply mistaken, but I feel gray and/ or colorful blobs on pastel-smeared paper are not quite at blog level of  interestingness. 

As a result, I frantically flipped through my sketchbook and found this:

I purposely misspell "naked."  I still feel guilty enjoying drawing "naked" people.  It's a defense mechanism, okay?  I was raised under a rock in a bombshelter of an underground city guarded by flying sloths.  I'm ignorant of the real world and its social manners.
This is kind of nice, right?  A bit interesting?

This sketch was a part of a cartoon I was going to do about my friend, Monsieur Beautifully Youthful.  I got the idea in the summer, during the peak of my James McAvoy fangirlic obsession.  I basically spent summer nights spamming Facebook friends' newsfeeds with tidbits of my fangirl-induced thoughts about James McAvoy.  In my defense, Facebook does ask me What's on my mind?  It would be rude not to comply.  Anyway, along with my childhood friend Xelestialauria who understands my fangirl ways, Monsieur Beautifully Youthful often indulged me during these McAvoyistic moments.  So thanks! 

The cartoon was basically my response to when Monsieur Beautifully Youthful mentioned Children of Dune and I watched the trailer.  I will finish this cartoon one day, let the Blog Gods be my witness, 
I WILL FINISH THIS CARTOON. Some time before I die.



No comments:

Post a Comment