Monday, February 18, 2013

Coffee painting and fan brush

Since I'm taking illustration again, I am once again playing around with coffee and FW ink because it's my "thing".
...and I got a fan brush using a Blick's (art store) gift card...
If I'm using it right, it's amazing.
If I'm not using it right, it's still amazing.

This is a self portrait sketch based on a picture I took of myself with a mini ginger bread that sits on a mug of hot chocolate that my lovely artsy friend made for me. It was amaaaaaaaaaaaazing
I actually had a right hand that was holding the mug but I royally f*cked it up so now it's just a big smudge of coffeeness.  Also, I got lazy in rendering my hair so it's a little bit WTF toward the back of my head. At the time, I had long bangs, so no, that look wasn't because I wanted a "sexy" look or because I was lazy...I really had long bangs covering my left eye.

This is a painting I am working on for my class...that's kinda late and should have been done, last week?
It's a cup of coffee painted in coffee.  Hahaha, get it?  I'm not really sure what to get either.

2 comments: