Friday, August 3, 2012

Facebook Sketch Request

Sometimes when I'm bored or unmotivated about life, I will randomly ask my Facebook friends to ask me to draw something.  This time around, I quite liked the outcomes of the sketches, so dear fellow (imaginary) bloggers, if you do not mind, I would like to share with you my silly sketches and thoughts.

My first request was to draw a friend and his boy friend as Bowser and Toad, respectively.  I was utterly befuddled by this request.  You see, video games were like the fruit from Eden when I was growing up.  My mother sincerely thought that they would rot my brains; thus severing any possibilities of me becoming a gal nerd gamer and understanding the components of the Mario-verse.  So when I read "toad" I was thinking more on the line of Frog and Toad Are Friends and Bowser was someone who wears a BOWTIE. Obviously, I was deeply mistaken.  I drew this with a ballpoint pen.


Another request was BBC's Sherlock fanart.  I luuuuurve that show. Like LUUUUUUURVE it to bits. Even before knowing the existence of the show, I actually liked Benedict Cummberbatch from The Last Enemy and I adored Steven Moffet's Coupling, so as a Sherlock Holmes fan I was super excited about this show.  Benedict Cumberbatch + Steven Moffet = GOLD, but Martin Freeman as Dr. Watson is like Nutella on cupcakes.  So delicious and addicting.  Done in ink, brush, and pen (nibs).  I generally like the brush more because I can have more control and I like the bold lines.  However, I also like the spider web-like thin lines that the nibs could produce, despite my inability to control the pen to my liking.

2 comments:

  1. I really think you did an amazing job! I was amazed about the details you could create in your drawings, and I'm even a bit jealous.

    - Toad -

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Toad <3

      BTW, do you happen to know Frog?

      Delete