Wednesday, March 6, 2013

[30DDC] -- Favorite Animated Character

Hahaha.
This is Day 8 of the 30 Day Drawing Challenge.  Yes, the one that I started in 2012.  I actually started this drawing sometime in October and I worked on it a little by little, when waiting in lines and during long lectures.  I decided to finish this recently because I wanted it to be part of The Ghibli Jam.

Nausicaa from Studio Ghibli's Nausicaa from the Valley of the Wind is definitely my most favorite animated character of all times.  She's a good walking contradiction. She is both strong and vulnerable. She is kind and tolerant, but can be vicious and be blinded by fury. She values life and takes care to protect all forms of life but also is an exceptional warrior.  I also like that she doesn't fall in love with her romantic interest at first sight, nor does she really need his help to save the day, which is a bit uncharacteristic of Ghibli heroines.  

No comments:

Post a Comment