Sunday, September 2, 2012

[30DDC] Day One -- Draw Yourself

This is my drawing for the 30 Day Drawing Challenge: Day 1 -- Draw Yourself
I christen this self-portrait Portrait of Lies!!!

Why?
Well, because there are more lies in this portrait than truths.
Here are the lies:
  1. I'm NOT that skinny.
  2. My moles are on the wrong sides.
  3. I have yet to actually join a Coffeaholic Anonymous (if it exists).
  4. I don't hold a pen/pencil that way.
  5. We were given  homework to practice drawing confident lines with different media for the weekend so we won't go out to party, get drunk, and accidently drive over our art instructor.  Hahaha, yes, I have NOT done yet that.
  6. I'm not sure if my skin color is accurate.  I might not be that dark because I stopped using references when I started coloring.
  7. The DATE.  I didn't finish the drawing on September 1, though I did start it on that day.  I actually finished this on September 2.
Now, here are the truths:
  1. I do have that hat.  I made it for my illustration class.  It is highly uncomfortable to wear.
  2. I do wear a "SPAM" shirt.  Quite often in fact.
  3. I do squint weird.
I wanted to do this challenge so I will continue drawing with so-so quality and not just ending with pencil sketches.  I used Pen and ink, then I colored with Tombow Dual Brush Pens.  Tombow brush pens are so much fun. 

No comments:

Post a Comment